New School é uma startup social que, através do New School App, promove acesso à educação de qualidade na formação dos protagonistas do futuro.
Com a Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD) entrando em vigor, precisamos rever todo o aplicativo e propor soluções com impacto na clareza e controle…
[taken from Harvard Business Review, by Roger L. Martin]
Underlying the practice and study of business is the belief that management is a science and that business decisions must be driven by rigorous analysis of data. The explosion of big data has reinforced this idea. …
This was the conclusion reached by Vilfredo Pareto, an Italian political scientist, sociologist and economist.
Pareto’s principle says that almost everything tends to balance itself in 20 percent of options that produce 80 percent of the results.
In a home, the electric shower and the refrigerator are responsible for 80 percent of household expenses, even though 20 percent of appliances are plugged in.
On facebook, we spend 80% of the time with the feed and the chat, even though these are about 20% of the options that the network offers. (that was a guess)
The question is to invest as much energy as possible in the 20 percent that work best, and optimize the other 80 percent to row in favor.
What are the 20 percent that matter most to you?
—Jack, do you remember the Rat?
— Do you know where he is?
— I know.
— He’s on the other side of this wall.
— What other side?
— Jack, there are two sides to everything.
— Not an octagon.
— Well, yes…
— An octagon has eight sides.
— But a wall, you know?
A wall is like that.
— And we are on the inside … And the Mouse is on the outside.
— In Outer Space?
— No, in the world!
— It’s much closer than outer space.
— I can’t see outside.
— Look, I know I told you another
thing before but you were younger
— I didn’t think you would understand.
But now you’re so grown up, and you’re so smart …
I know you will understand.
A new study demonstrates the power of music to alter our emotional perceptions of other people.
[taken from Scientific American]
As a young man I enjoyed listening to a particular series of French instructional programs. I didn’t understand a word, but was nevertheless enthralled. Was it because the sounds of…
Stop to think. What are you doing now? Where’s your attention?
Every time we spend time on something, we are actually investing.
Time itself is a huge investment. But in general it comes with still other resources: attention, energy, mental, physical and often emotional work as well.
This comes at…
Um dia estava conversando com minha vó e fiz a seguinte pergunta, de forma bem pausada e enfática:
— Qual foi a coisa mais valiosa que a senhora conquistou na vida?
Minha vó é uma pessoa devota e caridosa. Ela dedicou muitos anos de sua vida à caridade e também…
Leisure occupies an ambiguous place in contemporary society. For a moralistic tradition inspired by reformers like Calvin, leisure is the father of all vices. It is work that ennobles man.
At the opposite pole, several philosophers defended — and defend — leisure as an especially creative moment, which would be…